Friday, February 23, 2007

a beautiful poem

A Wise Friend
My Amma woke me up that day
It was still dark and not yet light
She had something special to show me,
The Sun, its glorious sight.

I watched the Sun as it did rise,
And then Amma whispered to me,
How a wise friend, like the Sun
She aspires to be.

He gives his light and warmth to all,
He never holds Himself back;
Not a thing in this universe
Feels, of His love, a lack.

"How is it possible Amma?" i asked
"To be that way to all?
To give equality to everyone?
That's an order that's quite tall!"

"To be able to do that,"Amma said,
"You must look to the Sun once more,
To be able t ogive unconditionally,
One must be fulfilled to the core.

He gives and does not expect anything
Since He Himself is the source,
And He inspires others to wake and work
He is others' driving force.

I aim to be as perfect
As the Sun that shines in the sky,
It may or may not happen but,
It is important that i try."
The Sun had risen now and He
Dazzled and i shut my eyes.
Oh, to give and prefer to remain unseen
The hallmark of the wise!

-- Chitrapur Sunbeam Jan'07

2 comments:

shivani said...

this is for you, shrek :D

Sid said...

Thank you so much dear...